Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Chicago's Own Singer Koko Taylor Dies At 80 Years Old

I met Koko at her nightclub here in Chicago. She was extremely polite, friendly and humble. A very nice lady. I offered to buy her a cognac (which was what I was sipping), but she turned me down stating "I gave up drinking many years ago." I insisted on buying her a soda instead and she finally accepted. She sat down right next to me at the bar and we enjoyed a nice conversation about the amateur blues bands that were playing at the open mike that night at her club.

I am so sad to hear about her passing. She was truly a kind and humble person. R.I.P. MS. KOKO! Below, Koko performing her signature song.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I AM A STRONG POSITIVE BLACK WOMAN!!!

Search This Blog